News:

Here's a thing:

https://discord.gg/wtE6aHD

Author Topic: Suggestions thread  (Read 30677 times)

August 14, 2011, 06:18:39 pm
This is the thread to suggest ideas for the forum, new features, discuss forum politics and all the like. If we decide that a particular suggestion warrants a discussion thread of its own, we'll make one.

This is the SMF mod site, if you're interested in possible features that we could implement. Just make sure that before you suggest a mod, it's compatible with SMF version 2.0.

Skins and themes are here. Again, make sure that they're compatible.

As for everything else, the sky is the limit. It's strongly encouraged to share if you feel you have an idea of what's good for the community. Even if you're unsure, it doesn't hurt one bit to start a conversation.

August 14, 2011, 06:51:51 pm
I think the moderation/administrative team should be chosen by a user vote. That way no one will complain when someone no one likes gets powers.

• can i borrow a feeling?
August 14, 2011, 06:57:23 pm
I think the moderation/administrative team should be chosen by a user vote. That way no one will complain when someone no one likes gets powers.
I'm an admin because it's my domain and my server, and Shy is an admin because he knows his way around SMF very well. I honestly don't think we need admins outside of me and Shy, unless anyone has serious objections to that. Especially since admins are just mods with tech powers.

As for moderation staff, we have no need for them yet. Once we have more members (hopefully soon), we will handle the assignment of moderation. You raise a very fair point, the reason we left NSider was due to them not listening to their members, which is something we hope to achieve with this site.

Sound fair?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

August 14, 2011, 07:19:31 pm
I'm an admin because it's my domain and my server, and Shy is an admin because he knows his way around SMF very well. I honestly don't think we need admins outside of me and Shy, unless anyone has serious objections to that. Especially since admins are just mods with tech powers.

As for moderation staff, we have no need for them yet. Once we have more members (hopefully soon), we will handle the assignment of moderation. You raise a very fair point, the reason we left NSider was due to them not listening to their members, which is something we hope to achieve with this site.

Sound fair?
Fair enough, but I was mainly talking about for down the line when the community gets big enough for such things to be a necessity.

August 14, 2011, 10:23:52 pm
i'm fine with sean and shy in power.

Just a random suggestion, is there some way we can get a ranking system here?  Maybe not a ranking system per se, but on NSider2 it was really easy to find the threads I was looking for by the color name of the thread creator.  This probably sounds really stupid and not necessary at all though.

August 14, 2011, 10:24:45 pm
i'm fine with sean and shy in power.

Just a random suggestion, is there some way we can get a ranking system here?  Maybe not a ranking system per se, but on NSider2 it was really easy to find the threads I was looking for by the color name of the thread creator.  This probably sounds really stupid and not necessary at all though.
There was a thread about it before Shy deleted and remade the board. ._.

someone remake the thread so we can talk about it

August 14, 2011, 10:26:49 pm

Yeah, I was planning on it. I wanted to set up something like we had on TRoU, where we had people make ranks with custom icons, names and colours and then vote on maybe 15 or so that we liked. Then people could request whatever rank they wanted.

August 14, 2011, 10:28:32 pm

Yeah, I was planning on it. I wanted to set up something like we had on TRoU, where we had people make ranks with custom icons, names and colours and then vote on maybe 15 or so that we liked. Then people could request whatever rank they wanted.
Sounds great to me.

August 14, 2011, 10:28:57 pm

Ehhh, I wasn't really fond of it being that way. Kinda got old. Maybe we could mix it up making it like NS2's and TRoU's? Like having you post a certain amount to get different ranks, then once you get to the highest one, you can make it whatever. I dunno, just an idea.

August 14, 2011, 10:38:20 pm
Well, there's a thread up now. Let's get some ideas out there.

August 23, 2011, 08:08:13 am
I'm thinking of updating the profiles and want to know what you all would think of it. It would have a buddy list, comments section and all of that type crap kind of like NS2 profiles.

Here's a demo of what it would look like. Thoughts?

August 23, 2011, 09:06:36 am
I'm thinking of updating the profiles and want to know what you all would think of it. It would have a buddy list, comments section and all of that type crap kind of like NS2 profiles.

Seems a little busy, but I like it.

August 23, 2011, 09:32:43 am

I like it, anything to give point to clicking on someone's profile would be good.

August 23, 2011, 11:07:08 am
I'm against the My Media section. I hate going on someone's profile and having music blaring out, especially when I'm listening to music myself. Everything else is fine.

August 23, 2011, 11:47:07 am
I'm against the My Media section. I hate going on someone's profile and having music blaring out, especially when I'm listening to music myself. Everything else is fine.
No autoplay then.